Denverdata Web is looking for a full-time Web Designer / Web Production Associate. Learn more on careers page.
If you are a customer-oriented, savvy, motivated Web designer looking to join a hard-working team, we’d love to talk.
This position is for a Web Designer / Web Production Associate with experience in both WordPress and Drupal,, strong HTML and CSS skills, and a great design eye. We work with clients in a variety of industries, but our hallmarks are custom theme development, database integration, and a design approach that builds SEO into the structure of the site so clients hit the ground running.
The Web Designer / Web Production Associate will be responsible for the construction of client Web sites either individually or by coordinating a small team of Web developers and other specialists. In addition, the Designer / Production Associate will be responsible for designing business web pages and supporting graphics, corporate logos, and marketing collateral for Denverdata Web. This role will require adherence to project budgets and deadlines, and requires regular communication with customers.
Required technical skills:
Position pays $40k-$70k depending on experience and capabilities. Paychecks are paid bi-weekly. Hourly 1099 contract trial to start with with potential for full-time/salaried position.
For over a decade, Denverdata Web has provided strategic Web technology services to businesses. We focus on delivering our customers quality custom Web sites and applications that are integrated with their existing business systems and processes to improve their marketing, customer experience, and information access.
What we offer:
Interested individuals should be able to show original design work in both Drupal and WordPress (including WooCommerce), and demonstrate fluency with current SEO best practices. Candidates will be required to pass an online skill assessment for HTML5/CSS3 skills.
Please provide a resume, two samples of your recent work, and a cover letter containing answers to the following questions to email@example.com:
- Graphic design using the Adobe CS Suite - Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong written communication skills necessary for client communication and copywriting
- Experience JQuery
- Experience constructing complete Web sites using Drupal and WordPress
- Experience working with ecommerce solutions, including WooCommerce
- Experience with the Roots Theme, HTML5 Boilerplate, and Bootstrap
- Experience constructing complete mobile-responsive templates/themes for Wordpress and Drupal
- Diligent use of version control systems such as GIT
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization is a plus
- UNIX shell experience is a plus
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Exciting projects that use the latest technologies
- Free access to gym, swimming pool, steam room & bicycle sharing
- Free parking at our office in the creative mixed-use TAXI community
- New premium office that overlooks Downtown Denver
- What are your favorite parts of the design and development process?
- What technical and professional skills are you looking to develop over the next two years?
- What has been your most challenging/frustrating development project and what did you learn from it?